View Single Post
Old 12-17-2004, 07:01 PM   #51
Rennen
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Rennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enoughRennen will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
yeah, the OEM lights were designed and produced for a reason...if they were THAT bad, they wouldnt have been released...

if you honestly think you need more light...just add some fog lights to your lower bumper as to not bling unsuspecting motorists...

unless of course you can shell out for clear corners (which are fuckin awesome IMO)

Are you serious?!? I really, really hope this is sarcasm.

If not, #1) You have never ever driven a S13 with sealed beam headlights. Those pieces of shit were designed at least 80 years ago, and are made for cheapness/planned replacement rather than anything else. Try using your OEM logic a bit more and ponder why the OEM has stepped up to H4s, then to projectors, now to HIDs.
#2) Upgrading to projectors from Hella, a leader of the lighting industry for years will be 10 times more effective than adding some generic pep boys foglights. The projectors have an actual beam pattern that was created to light the road and not piss off other drivers. The glare from foglights is far more likely to blind oncoming motorists.

I have driven with Hella's 90mm projectors at night, on germany's autobahn, with the speedometer pegged for 4 hours. Needless to say, I was impressed, and would gladly pick the lighting output of these over my current H4 conversions + aux driving lights.

Again, I hope I am just misreading sarcasm.

-Matt

'89 Nissan 240SX fastback: #23 DSP/RallyMod2/Track Slut
'95 BMW 540i 6 speed: Ultimate Commuting Machine

PFM Racing
www.solo2.org
www.midwest240sx.com
Rennen is offline   Reply With Quote