View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 05:49 PM   #20941
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatch4life View Post
Anyone? feel free to roast me for a stupid question just make sure to answer it please lol
if the intake manifold is painted, remove it from the car and have it media blasted to remove all of the old paint... then take it and have it powder coated. if the paint that was used was just normal spray paint, then you are going to run into massive issues should you ever hit the manifold with any type of abrasive cleaner such as B12 Carb Cleaner or standard Brake Cleaner. they will eat right thru the paint (even if it has been clear coated). 2 part paints like the ones used in paint shops as well as powder coating arent susceptible to being eaten away at NEARLY as bad as standard spray paint. spray paints use premixed chemicals as well as aerosols... spray paint IS NOT the same type or grade of paints/clear coats used in paint shops and powder coating places.

so yeah, yank the manifold, have it media blasted, hot tanked and powder coated for a clean and OE finish!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links