View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 11:44 AM   #336
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Hey guys, I appreciate the quick responses. I'm assuming you are talking about that bottom one, Spring $100 bundle thingy. Would it be best that I just wait to get my finances in a better position and then just build my own pc? My own "build" was coming in around $1300 ish.
I'd always suggest building a PC over buying one pre built. If you are okay with used hardware you can save a heap of cash too.

I've got an Intel Xeon 6 core/12 thread setup right now with a 980ti that I think total set me back around $750 because most of the parts are used that I bought off craigslist. It isn't the newest hardware, but I spent some time overclocking it a bit and it chugs through even the newest triple a games and would be a solid setup for a workstation too.

If you want new hardware, Future's suggestion is solid. I'd get an SSD for sure, I switched from spinning storage to only SSD's recently and I would never go back.
tb13 is offline   Reply With Quote