View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #28
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Lag on a td05? Weird.
think it's exaggerated due to the 1.8mm headgasket

so i totaly didn't pay attention to the markings on my bmc before cutting it to try to remove the fitting to use in the 1 1/16" bmc haha apparently aftermarket bmc's don't have the fitting pressed in, but machined into the bmc instead

ended up getting a new bubble fitting (m10x1.0) and doing a bubble flare to make the z32 bmc work. the brakes feel only slightly stiffer than stock with the 1 1/16" bmc. feels great!

also finished installing the arp extended studs. i've installed studs some sketchy ways in the past, but after using this tool, never again. holy shit it made it so much easier hahaha

so i finished installing the brakes, bmc, lugs, and doing some maintenance late friday night. did a street tune early saturday morning. car finally feels sooooo amazing... or at least like it should have felt for the last two years...

loaded it up with all the aero on too, which was cool haha having a tow rig with height control makes life easy

unloading at the track, i realized my car was spewing power steering fluid. not boiling, but the pump was just pushing all of the fluid out of my rack for some reason bled the system, nothing, checked the lines were hooked up right, they were. at this point they were about to close the gate, so we had to leave, but not before taking a booty pic

couldn't find any fix without changing out the ps pump in the morning, so i just grabbed an extra bottle of fluid to top it off ever few runs. the grid had a lot of good looking cars

the car was running great and staying cool despite the lack of ducting (meant to do some, but totally slipped my mind) and warm 90 degree weather.

i was pushing pretty hard all day trying to qualify for top 16, which meant smashing my wheel into my teammate's, which didn't go so well

a friend graciously let me borrow a wheel so i could continue driving, but i was out of ps fluid and time. qualifying had ended and i got cut

but the comp was quick and we got to go back out to do some fun runs. i kept pushing like a dickhead and hit my friends car a couple more times. made wheel-to wheel contact with the borrowed wheel and took a small chunk out of it and finally bent a tie rod. decided to call it a day there before i break more shit.

Last edited by deolio; 07-06-2017 at 07:27 PM..
deolio is offline   Reply With Quote