View Single Post
Old 06-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #886
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro240 View Post
I ran & still own a Powder Coating company... Tal Strip Aircraft Paint Stripper is the only stuff I'll use. Any normal "paint stripper" is trash.

Video I found for ya for example... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKthFTq2XSk

I buy boxes of the aerosol cans. If using the jugs you need to place the object into a sealed container of sorts to allow it all to fume up & eat away @ the paint. Wear a face mask, pants & long sleeves. The shit burns like you wouldn't believe.

Edit... Depending upon how thick the coating is... You will have to eat it away layer by layer etc... Wire Wheel, or Wire Brush & Razor blades work the best. You can use the blade in a holder etc... for the inside barrel & all the flat/straight edges on the spokes. Wire Brush for inbetween the spokes & lug holes etc.
I appreciate the info, where can I buy that specific stripper? Google search is showing out of stock everywhere.

I was also wondering if I was going to have to work the finish off with some kind of abrasive, I'll probably grab my 3M roloc wheels and see how they take off the crap still stuck on the wheels.