View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #990
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Beautiful! Question for you though. A couple years ago I made a similar sprayer setup for my s2000 intercooler when I still had it(obviously) but I drilled an extra hole in the washer bottle tank and used a BMW headlight washer pump. Anyways, I found that after you spray, the pressure in the tank and the siphoning effect would continue to pull water out of the tank even after being shut off for a while. I tried using aquarium check valves, I tried running the lines going uphill instead of down, etc and nothing seemed to work well. That tank was much bigger and had a lot more downward pressure with so much fluid in it but have you tried your system out and found it to work properly and shut off properly? Any check valves in your setup? I've got to think that with the water/meth kits it can't be a problem because otherwise the guys shooting methanol would have that issue but just wondering your findings as I'd like to do another setup on my s14. It worked really well in cooling when I used it and monitored IAT's vs. on and off. This time I'd do the same and spray the radiator as well though like yours is setup.
Yea man, you need to install some sort of Check valve. Or get a good pump so that it doesn't allow the syphon.