View Single Post
Old 10-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #832
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyX2 View Post
P12 being more expensive than a P11 is a misconception IMO. I bought a whole P12 engine and parted it out, wound up being cheaper since the P12 comes with a CAS and the single solenoid that doesn't need a relocation kit. The P12 cams resell for more than the P11s too (I went with N1s). Plus I didn't have to buy a front cover/oil pump or the oil pump spacer.
If you're completing a swap, I would agree, the route you took can be cheaper/more cost effective.

In regards to dumping a lot of money into a P12 head, I still see it as a waste of money. What happens if/when internal damage occurs? Not everyone has the time/money to purchase a P12 swap and part it out. P11 heads are readily available and not 1k just for a head. I'm simply talking about replacement costs and not about initial investment costs. I suppose you're spending money one way or another, but if you can save 500$ on a head and put that money back into port work, it makes sense to do so. Especially because there are no real/substantial benefits over a P11 with the P12.