View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:02 PM   #14
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
SR Adventure Continued

Adapting the SR to the factory 5 speed is super easy, just a simple adapter plate and some machine work. Local shop bent me over on the cost of the machine work, but did a great job so I can't complain to much.

Keeping driveability is huge for this project so I did not want to run a heavy clutch in the car. I decided on an OS Giken TS2BD. Clutch is used, but has been rebuilt and is ready to go. Super excited to see how this feels, probably one of my favorite parts going on the motor.

Fuel will be delivered by some ID1050X injectors, the car will be running on the E54 blend we have available at the pump here in Arizona. Also got an off brand fuel rail with the injectors, not sure if I'll run it or get a radium rail.

Choosing an intercooler was also something I had trouble with, stumbled on this brand new Blitz kit for cheap on YAJ and had to have it. I have always loved the aesthetic of the Blitz logo and you can't go wrong with anything made by Blitz. The piping will need to be hacked, but that cool.

Since I am not looking for a ton of power, Nistune should do the trick for an ECU setup. Got this S15 SR ECU with a Nistune board installed in it for a steal and since its an S15 ECU it means I get all of the cool features Nistune offers like boost control and flex fuel support.

For now the car sits awaiting its heat transplant, hopefully I'll make some more progress before the end of the year.