View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #473
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Ok fellas, finally got my setup in my S14. I ended up in a time crunch to make an event on the 16th so I did not order a driveshaft from Shaftmasters like I originally was going to. I wasn’t sure it would work with the Mazworx bellhousing (their off the shelf one for SR-VQ) and was going to measure and have them make it. They told me 3 days and were very helpful. Even told me I’d probably prefer the steel for feel when I was willing to buy the aluminum. After getting it together and looking at everything, I’m 99.999% it would’ve worked and I could’ve saved over $100 there or even spent exactly $100 less and gotten aluminum. Is their quality as good as the PST one Mazworx sells? No idea, but I’m not a huge fan of the booger weld on the balance weight and spray paint for the cost of a 2.5” steel shaft but I’m nit picking there honestly. It’s a driveshaft, and a damn good quality one at that. Feels freaking solid and fits nice and snug, packaged well, etc. Anyway, I thought I’d share some pictures of my setup because I couldn’t find any pictures of this combo as far as fitment goes and I’ve got to say, the Mazworx bellhousing is the way to go for SR. I had 0 issues in the trans tunnel and it went right up. EXCEPT- and please tell me if I’m the only one that has this issue, but I have a JK40C and there is a little sensor on the left side right next to where the cross member bolts up and it was hitting my chassis. I used the Mazworx crossmember and had to modify it slightly (just beveled it a tiny bit with a flap disc) and the took the sensor to the belt sander and cut down the plug end of it but it worked. Oh and one other thing on the Mazworx crossmember. It appears that it’s designed to use a stock style mount(or nismo) and a flat block style mount (think P2M or ISR) will not fit. I took mine to the band saw and matched the angles of the crossmember, drilled two holes in it so I could bolt the mount to the crossmember first since the top of the bolts would’ve been impossible to get to and so now I can just use an Allen socket and bolt the mount/crossmember combo onto the trans using the P2M/ISR bolts just without the nuts because these trans are threaded. Other thing I want to note here, I ordered a Serial 9 shifter in August and was told they would be in stock that weekend... then another couple weeks, then another. It’s now December 5 and I canceled it. I originally thought the GKTech shifter didn’t fit in the hole and whatever else but after talking with Greg, he assured me I had just heard false info and he was correct. So here are some pictures of fitment of a SR/JK40C with Mazworx bellhousing, Mazworx crossmember modified for the circuit sport mount I already had, Mazworx supplied PST driveshaft (although not pictured) and GKTech shifter in a S14. Very very happy with the shifter and while I love the shifter adjustment setup of the Serial 9, waiting months and months for that after being told I’d have one a couple times is absurd. Hope this helps somebody! I also threw a picture of the ground clearance relative to the frame rails. It tucks up very nicely except for that one little section but it’s not bad at all.