View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #503
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Not currently. Actually, now that I think of it, it is for a 300zx/cd009/LSX setup. I think the speed outputs are slightly different between the Z and the S chassis. It will work, but may need a little tweaking (via pulling the cluster and adjusting the actual gauge vie the blue box)

Another option is getting a ABS R200 diff and use that as the speed pickup maybe??

Those are the two options I am exploring as I wanted a mechanical speed drive (which more closely matches the OEM setup). Nothing wrong with electrical, just preference.
Yea I looked at them originally as well because I want mechanical and was just going to use that with a Dakota box. I don’t want to use an ABS diff or anything with a diff/axle setup as it’s a drift car and I just want to swap in parts quickly and not have to worry about matching stuff up or any of that. I think the LOJ setup is the best idea as it gives actual wheel speed instead of vehicle speed like a GPS unit and again, that works best in my case for a drift car and being able to use boost by gear accurately. I do have the gear sensor since i have a JK40C and I’ve kind of been toying with different uses for it but nothing really useful. Just kind of a cool idea
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote