View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 08:19 PM   #9
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
So, if you've been paying attention while reading this, you'll know that I had a full year of down time acquiring parts for the car, first things first, I said the car would have full functioning A/C, so what good is having that if you don't control it with the factory digital climate control!?

Comfortable A/C isn't really that cool if your interior is trashed, so I had the rear seats re-upholstered and the door cards done to match along with new carpet front and rear, also a minty clean dash to replace the crappy cracked one!

So now that there is all the necessary stuff to make the interior nice with climate control, staring at the factory cluster wouldn't cut it, so since I had Broadfield do my FD custom cluster, I said screw it and had him do another setup for this car!

So by now your probably catching on that literally everything is getting redone. And now were getting close to being completely caught up, these are a few of the things I just did while I had the week off in-between Christmas and upcoming new years!

Now is where I start taking care of the underside of the car, the whole suspension setup.

One of my best friends and fellow super clean S13 owner Greg had the week off as well, so he stopped by a few times this week to lend a helping hand and also hangout with a few beers!

Dropped the whole rear subframe for new arms and powder coating and general cleaning

I ordered Whiteline Subframe bushings in anticipation of doing this, and boy was I glad that I did, the rear bushings were COMPLETELY shot!

Next the front subframe for the same procedure, powdercoating, new balljoints, and general cleaning

Got the transmission Jack underneath, comes in super handy!

Now the Engine Bay is really empty!

Since both subframes, powerbrace and everything that's not being replaced is going to powder coat, I decided it was a good time to start doing some cleaning and undercoating on the whole car.

Out comes the gas tank

Now to start cleaning and undercoating, I'm using a brush and can of undercoating which will make it almost impossible to get this stuff on fresh paint! also removed the front fenders again and placed them in a secure location! haha

Now I can show off the fancy new suspension pieces and hardware!

Stance XR1 coilovers, with downstar anodized washer with stainless nut

Ignore the Dust all over the car, I wont wipe it off until spring when I wash it so the paint doesn't get a bunch of fine scratches in it

Ordered and received all new suspension arms from voodoo, great quality looking stuff, only issue is the company I ordered from (will remain un-named) screwed up and sent me 2 of the hard clear color which I requested, while the other 2 are in Raw. Sorting that out now, company is taking care of it no issues.

Now if you made it this far, you are all up to date on whats going on with the car as of 12/29/2017, I will be posting the rest of the updates throughout the thread as I go now!

A last little Picture for you warm weather guys, this is what you have to do when you live in Michigan, make yourself a nice path to the shop! haha