View Single Post
Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #584
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
If you turn off the fans and go into 0 mode you can hear the pump. Almost all of the AIOs use the same manufacturer for their pumps and blocks. To say it's Louder than another is not being circumspect.

When the fans are on I would find it hard to believe you can hear any of the pumps on the market. The major differences are in the customization, software and fans.

Found the article

https://techbuyersguru.com/corsair-h...-review?page=2

Quote:
Interesting stuff. These two coolers are definitely approaching CPU cooling from different perspectives. The newer H100i v2 now operates at a "Performance" level similar to the older cooler's "Quiet" level. And yes, the new mode's "Quiet" is a bit hotter, but it is significantly quieter as well. And if all this talk of quiet has you scratching your head, we'll just point out that the older model's Performance mode was quite frankly unacceptable. At 53dB, it was only of value to those who needed to drown out the world around them, because there was certainly no getting around the racket it created.

So yes, the new cooler doesn't have the same top-end performance, but it's so much better balanced, and all the older cooler's high performance was wasted when you were still far, far below the danger zone when it came to CPU temperatures. To put it another way, the first-gen liquid cooler took a "shock and awe" approach to cooling. Yes, it blew away everything that had come before it, but to what end? We say good riddance to 50+ dB coolers!
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote