View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 12:00 PM   #528
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by loucal View Post
Hey all,

I've had this transmission in my car (S14Sr in an S14 chassis) for about 4 years now. So glad to see a thread like this.

Current Setup:
-Collins Adapter
- Gk Tech Shifter Kit
- Shaft masters 1 pc steel driveshaft
- Dakota digital box
- J30 pumpkin w/abs signal

The biggest issues really for me are shifter location and speedo.

Shifters used:
- Collins shifter "modification services"- Complete failure and i dont think he even offers this anymore.
- Mazworx- Great piece but doesn't shorten the trans enough to put center console back to stock. (Still have this if someone needs to buy one)
- GKTech- Amazing build quality and customer support. Still doesn't not bring the shifter in enough to close up the center console. Does have a bit of a rattling issue.

Speedo
- In it's current state it reads and my speedo fuctions but it is off about 25-30 mph which is obviously not ideal. Every possible setting has been played with on the digital box but it looks like it just doesn't play nice with the J30 ABS sensor.

My goal is to have the center console look stock again. It looks like the only way that is possible is with the CBF or Serial999 unit which didn't even exist when i did this whole thing.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! It was a PITA to do but i honestly love having it given my current power level. It gives a tone of piece of mind.

Lou
I was planning on cutting my GK Tech shifter and adding a dog leg to it so its in the stock location. Have you tried another abs sensor? I was contemplating just swapping the 350z diff in