View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #12
drifter92
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
drifter92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine went in the car that same night

eBay headers comin through!

Also, I messaged the person who bought my old Feal Coilovers and got him to trade me the Feals back for these BC's plus cash.

All done and drivable, kinda...
The car had a big idle problem that was very hard to figure out.

I made myself a boost leak tester at work with an old hole-saw to find the vacuum leak that appeared to be causing my issue.

I wanted to be sure my fuel pressure was good using my old aeromotive FPR with the stock fuel rail and I didnt want to wait for shipping so I made one out of a stock FPR with a steel -6AN fitting welded to it. I am a welder fabricator so this was easily accomplished at work with a Miller TIG welder and a foot pedal.

Finally set it on the ground after installing my old Feal Coilovers!
The ride height is super high, I will lower it later, doesnt matter now.

Time for Texas safety inspection! Since my car is over 25 years old I do not have to pass an emission test. PASS

So after chasing this idle issue around for a month, I finally figured it out. Unfortunately one of the many things I tried to fix it was remove my 248 hot cam and install factory s13 cams, which didn't help. The issue was the IACV, and I know what you are thinking, DUH! But I had changed the IACV twice since it was running and there was never any difference, So what happened was I was lucky enough to have 2 bad IACVs and then I bought one from a Zilvia member which also turned out to be bad.... I installed a 4th one yesterday and now the car finally runs smooth and doesn't fluctuate.

I had a friend hook up a consult scanner and we saw that there was no CEL and all voltages looked great, including IACV percentage, but my IACV was just stuck open so it was an internal vacuum leak that doesnt show on a vacuum/boost leak test.

Last edited by drifter92; 03-18-2018 at 05:29 PM..
drifter92 is offline   Reply With Quote