View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 08:21 PM   #41
tb13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
tb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to beholdtb13 is a splendid one to behold
Its been too damn long since I'd made a real update for this, I've been busy putting this S13 together for my buddy, but I've had some time to mess with the Z and finally have some stuff worth posting.

I have picked up a hacked/boxed subframe years ago from a friends Z that had an RB swapped into it. I hung onto it because I figured I'd end up using it at some point. After trying to install it on my car, I realized it is tweaked and won't fit. Not the end of the world, I wasn't stoked about running it due to how much material had been removed anyway so I notched mine in a more proper way. Still needs to be boxed, but I wanted to make sure I cut enough out before I start adding material back to it.

I bought another SR because I wanted some extra parts off of it. I knew the motor was fucked when I picked it up, but wasn't sure to what extent. This motor had its oil pressure sensor fall out on the freeway so I was expecting the worst for the bottom end and it did not disappoint. Here is your daily dose of carnage

\

Using a spare SR block I had, I slapped an oil pan on it and bolted it up to my transmission. Since motor mounts aren't readily available for this swap, I figured having a super light bare block would make everything easier when it comes to making mounts, not to mention being able to just pull the head off will make things easier. It is hilarious how tiny the SR block looks bolted to a VG trans

With that bolted up, it was time to set it into my shell and check out how it all fits. Bolted the transmission mount up and supported the motor with a floor jack, everything clears perfectly. So much room for activities in here now, so refreshing to see vs the VG that I am used to working on. Set the extra head I have on it just for shits and giggles, got me so hyped to get this all together!

I've been running a set of 17x9 +15 FN01R-C's on this car forever. Love how they look and the fitment is spot on, but it is time to change things up. I bought a set of TE37 SAGA's late last year and wasn't sure if I'd run them or not. I tried selling them, but had no luck so I said fuck it and bought tires for them. They are 18x10.5 +15 square with a 265/35r18, it'll be a chore to make them fit, but well worth it. The finish, engraving and SAGA face design is incredible.

Finally have my fuel setup mostly finished up too. I've always hated high port SR's with top feed setups, the fuel rail sits up way too high above the intake and just looks out of place. With a set of ID1050x's and a Radium fuel rail, I can run the injectors without a hat keeping the rail nearly level with the intake manifold when installed. Paired with my Greddy manifold, its not only great looking, but functional.

Suspension stuff is coming along, slowly. I still need to buy a press to get all of the bushings out, but everything is torn apart and I have all of the new parts in hand ready to go. Also really considering selling all of the GKtech arms I have for the car, my tension rods look like hell after less than a year, most of which the car was just sitting for... I already purchased SPL tension rods to replace them, having ran a bunch of different brand arms, SPL cannot be touched in terms of quality and finish. Now to decided if I spend the cash or to hold off...

Working on getting motor mounts worked out, I should have my built motor back soon and I will be able to get all of the suspension back on next weekend, shit is going to get interesting soon