View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 05:01 PM   #72
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Spring snow storm means I can update this thread HAHA!

So I wanted to get a new hood for my Chaser. There were a few I was thinking of... mainly, DMAX, Car Modified Wonder (after visiting their shop in Japan) and BN Sports. BN was out as my aero isn't aggressive enough to pull off those vents. DMAX has been hit or miss as of late, and I'd hate to gamble on that. After shooting off an email to Streeter, I was offered a Origin Lab carbon hood at a great price. The kicker was that I'd have to wait till the "next shipment". And that my friends is when the waiting game began.

So I prepaid, and was told it was going to be a few months out. Cool no problem, I wasn't in a rush. Then it was delayed. Then the next shipment was split with the US so Canadians were shorted. It honestly felt like I was never going to see the thing. After the last delay email I was sent, I was at a cross roads... Cancel (hopefully) and just grab something from Streeter? Stick it out? Well after speaking to a friend who was shipped the wrong carbon colour after waiting for forever, I decided to cut my losses and see if I could just get the fiberglass version.

I was actually in luck as there was one inbound and unaccounted for. Cool... Took the difference in cost, get some canards because why not, and pocketed the rest.

Fast forward a few more weeks, and this was delivered directly to the house...

Sweet... One more piece to the puzzle!

I've also been looking into stock placement turbo upgrades, but that seems like a rabbit hole...

...One that I've already got one foot into HAHA... I'll get to that in another post. The moral of the story is never ask for prices.

And is it ACTUALLY spring yet?! This weather has me feeling a type of way...

Bring on the warmth... please?

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote