View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 08:02 PM   #7601
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Def View Post
...a lot of load actually goes through the front crossmember. I'm not sure that's providing much rigidity to the chassis now.
It is fully boxed. Stitched inside and out. That picture does make it look like there's no vertical rib in the middle, although there is. Not really sure how I'd brace it more really? Needs just a couple more welds as I ran out of wire. The strut towers will also be tied into the firewall (which will be tied to cage) and forward rails with 1.5" DOM. Engine bay is completely stitched. I'd imagine anything lost here would be more than made up for with the tubing and stitching.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote