View Single Post
Old 05-13-2018, 07:06 PM   #74
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyzsilvia View Post
Any updates?
That I do!

So the weather has been rather hit or miss but thanks to my good friend (who owns a rather sweet Zenki), we managed to put in a bit of work.

So we decided to test fit the body kit!

After taking of a million clips, pins, and screws the front bumper came off. In order to get to everything, you'll need to take off (or remove the bolts like we did) the headlights and corners.

After a bit of playing around this was the result of the front...

We didn't trim anything so the front stock intercooler was hitting the backside of the front bar.

The side skirts were a breeze...

Everything was a great fit, and it will only get better once the dremel comes out. Unfortunately we lost daylight, and we couldn't fit the rear.

Next on the list was the intercooler... Removing the stock one was a pain in the ass for real. Toyota loves to overengineer things and it's great... until you have to remove something. After removing countless splashguards, clips, pins, piping, (oh and the front bash bar) the stock intercooler came out.

The longest part of the install was taking out the stock bits HAHA! Anyways, the install went smoothly because of my boy who again, kicked my ass into gear and got me motivated (while lending me an added hand which was awesome to have).

After a bit more fitting and adjustments we are on a roll...

The last bit connecting the piping to the throttle side was a bit tricky with the bends and where the couplers met. Anyways, we finished up and things are looking good! (My headlights? Not so much... I need to get those refinished)

So what's next on the list? Fitting those suspension arms, so that I can finally get this thing rolling on the new rims. I also have to source a new turbo since the sale of one I had lined up fell through unfortunately. Since I want to drive it and not have it down for a period of time, I'll just have to hold off on it unless something unbelievable comes my way. I'm still looking and collecting parts though.

Hitting up Streeter for a catless downpipe, and I'm going to place an order for either a Tomei or HPI elbow. I also have to order a refresh timing kit to replace belts, and the water pump. The exchange rates blow at the moment, but what can be done. It's the old, money goes out... Not sure when the items will show up so "surprise" when it does.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote