View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 12:53 PM   #157
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
I went to clean out my backpack at work today and apparently I’m the type of guy that forgets he has a complete wiring harness tucked in there. This one wasn’t as bad as the main chassis harness so I got it all done up at home. That’s a wrap!

Also working on redoing the kick panel sticker to better suit my needs and the changes I made.

I had some time to remove the dash bar and heater core which gave me access to the rest of the factory sound deadening. I made quick work of what was left. This stuff is incredibly heavy and will be replaced with something else in the future. With everything out of the way I reinstalled the main chassis harness and plugged in as much as I could. The loom is black so it’s hard to see it, but you get the idea.

I don’t really know if my starter was bad or not, so I had it rebuilt locally anyway. To be honest I don’t want to have to tear this car apart too many times after I’m done with it, so it was a good idea to get it done.

I went and got some small, but important, things done. I had him chop the barb off of the brake booster and weld it on the 1JZ coolant pipe. It replaces a straight barb that was there and will just make things a little more tidy under the intake manifold. I also had him chop the coolant filler neck and bleeder port off of the top of the radiator. I replaced them with some 1/8 npt bungs to use as provisions for bubbly things. I’m waiting on more parts to arrive; stay tuned.

My brake line relocation kit from Whalen Speed R&D arrived today. It looks and feels like a really solid kit. Also got some additional parts in from DriftMotion so I can get to work on the transmission and resealing the upper and lower oil pans.

Took a bunch of nasty bits to the powder coaters and they turned them into pretty bits. I bolted up everything but the cross member, I’m going to wait until I solve my steering rack situation before I actually put that back in. That is not the final resting place for the Wiring Specialties engine harness, I have a few more things I need to button up before I can secure it properly.