View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 10:48 AM   #165
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
E's '95 S14 Build - The true "forever" build

After taking my oil pans to a local machine shop to get cleaned, the upper pan came back dirtier than when I took it down. It looked like it may have been hot tanked, which even I know doesn’t really do cast aluminum justice in the looks department. You can see in the photos where the “cleaned” oil pan now has flecks of RTV on the INSIDE. Looks like someone kinda hit it with a high speed wire brush melting the RTV and flinging it everywhere. It also melts and smears it on the flange as seen in the pics. I’ve done this, many times removing RTV from parts. I’m blown away that all of that was done and there is still RTV in some of the channels on the flanges. After that I ended up going with my original gut instinct and getting it powder coated. They clean the parts so damn well and it comes back with a great coating; it doesn’t get much better than that. Thanks to Ram ProLine [emoji207] for tackling the job and knocking it out of the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomChan View Post
Wow, I remember seeing this thing when I had an s14 in 2012ish. Good to see some people still have their chassis! Nice work!

Til death do us part. I’ll never sell it so either the car dies first or I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk