View Single Post
Old 06-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #138
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by sr23det View Post
looks like they stop making the stock vq ecu/tb wiring into s13s now. I forgot wither it was cb or ws that made them.
Found this crusiing the reddits:

Quote:
My VQ swap harness allows you use an unmodified VQ engine harness. The engine harness doesn’t even need to be shipped to me.
Splicing into s-chassis wiring doesn’t provide enough current to safely and reliably power a VQ engine. This eliminates that problem by supplying its own main power source and functions 100% as it does in a Z/G chassis.
Each circuit is individually relayed and/or fused the same as a Z/G chassis. This means you can track down and replace a blown fuse and be able to see which circuit was blown instead of them being bundled all on 1 fuse.
This swap harness conversation uses the bare minimum butt connectors/soldering. Almost ever wire is instead fitted with brand new crimped connections using Genuine Delphi branded terminals and seals using quality brand name crumpets. For added plugs, genuine Deutsch connectors are used. Deutsch connectors are the standard in the motorsports world cause of they are known for their quality.
100% functional OBD2 port that allows for GST readers, tuning, and any diagnostic tools applicable. -completely customizable to a users specification. Extra circuits and relays can be used for whatever you need. We work with you to get exactly what you need and expect.
Uses ATM fuses and Micro Relays. Both are common and cheap parts that can be found in any GM vehicle in the past 30 years.
NATS removal still necessary though an Osiris Uprev tune. I have connections for that too.
Racecar version - Harness is completely isolated from any factory wiring. It’s pretty universal and can work in any chassis. - A main power switch/cutoff is required to toggle a 6ga wire (not included) that acts as your ignition switch. It essentially would work the same as Key on/key off. I can provide assistance with helping you set this up and provided power wires at cost. - Starter is required to be activated via toggle switch. We provide the spade terminal connections for hookup to activate the ground or hot signaled relay. - Fuel pump can be wired separately, though switch/relay in fuse box (output/signal leads provided, you finish wiring), or you can allow the VQ ECU to control. (Signal wire lead provided for your own relay/power to fuel pump) - Added circuits are also available including fans power or switched, fused, or relayed circuits

PNP version - Allows you to plug your VQ engine harness without splicing or modifying any of your factory wiring. - Function completely like factory. You turn ignition key on, it powers the engine. You turn the key to start, it starts the engine. - Everything plugs into existing plugs in the engine bay and under dash. No splicing or modifications required as long as provided the appropriate connectors - Requires donor original engine harness for pigtails to make plug and play. - Requires a fused and relayed 70+amp main power wire to fuse box If you purchase a PNP box, you must also purchase this power wire in which I provide for $90. - Added circuits are also available depending on chassis including fans power or switched, fused, or relayed circuits - Swap does not allow for any gauges in a factory cluster to be functional without added aftermarket modules for speedo/tach. Fuel gauge remains functional. - Options for G35 clusters available.

Each swap requires you supply the F1, F2, F3, F102, that plugs into the engine harness, but is found on the chassis side of the donor car. They are specific to chassis AND engine. (Z and G don’t cross. DE, HR, VHR don’t cross). Cores possible for purchase depending on availability. G35/DE are more accessible than others. OBD2 plugs are also required but available for $10 replacements

Prices start at - Racecar swap box -$360 - PNP swap box - $420 - PNP power supply (required if PNP swap box is used) - $90 - Racecar power supply (6ga cable with ring terminals) - $30 - Battery relocation kit - $110 - Core for Required 4 pigtails g35 vq35de harness $30 - Core for Required 4 pigtails z33, HR, or VHR harness $75. (Availability limited) - OBD2 plug - $10 - Shipping flatrate - $20 (buyer is responsible for shipping pigtails to me if necessary)

Due to every harness being custom specific to each person, these are built to order with generally a 1 week build time depending on on-hand inventory.

I’m working on getting a product website launched for this. Most of the units I’ve sold so far were on a VQ-S-chassis specific group on Facebook.

You can find me on Instagram @Guilty_garage Facebook page isn’t as active but give it a follow anyways @guilty garage.

Join the Facebook group “vq swap #schassisvq” for support and there are many people there that can vouch for my support and service.