View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 01:30 PM   #30
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Well then..its been a hell of a few months. Did the drive in 2 days, saw a ton of nothing. This will be a long post.

If you live in Kansas..how. Its soo desolate out there. I hit this 2 lane road through West Kansas and didn't see anyone for a half-hour at a time.

I got to my friend's house where I'd be staying for who knew how long. Did an oil change and some maintenance on the dad wagon. Settled in and started the new job the next day.

Met some awesome new people after a few weeks. We went drifting and slayed some quarter panels. This is right about when I started realizing this was exactly what I needed. I love it here.

Then about 2.5mo and a different realtor later the day finally came! We had an offer on the house!! It was a cash deal, quick close, and went under contract that Monday. I immediately went house hunting and found a bangin' deal in the perfect neighborhood. They accepted the offer and went under contract Tuesday night.

This is where everything went to shit....like..worst possible time. Fountain had the worst hail storm in 20+ years. I woke up at a little before 2:30am to tennis and baseball hail hitting the house. Never had a chance. My stomach turned as I stood on the porch and watched everything in sight get obliterated for close to 2 hours. Every car parked outside was totaled, houses with holes in the roofs, etc. I'd already seen videos but never experienced it.

Safe to say, I was heart broken. I knew it'd be a giant pain in the ass to get taken care of. Luckily I borrowed my buddy's beater while he was on vacation. I was set to move the family in 2 weeks. I got some work to do, will do a small follow up in a bit.
crash n' burn is offline   Reply With Quote