View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 05:11 PM   #29
Teddyless
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Teddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of lightTeddyless is a glorious beacon of light
Teddy's Southeast 180SX Build

**BIG UPDATE**

A lot has changed in the past couple months- and not much of it is good change. A few weeks after I assembled my car from being resprayed, my buddy and I were downtown taking some pictures in front of some antique buildings.

Shortly after these pictures were snapped, the front of my car was struck by an impatient driver in a Nissan Rogue. This is the aftermath.

It doesn't look too bad at first glance, and that's what I thought. I called up the bodyshop that had just finished painting my car a month prior, and told them what had happened. The fender was bent and torn, the bumper needed repairing, all the left side brackets were bent, etc, etc. Long story short, after speaking to insurance multiple times about the initial estimate, supplements, and multiple appraisals, the total came out to just shy of $3,000. All of this took 8 weeks from start to finish.

I picked my car up from the body shop and was not happy with how things turned out. Bolts were missing and broken, there was overspray everywhere, pieces were left unpainted, multiple drip marks, missing brackets, and the kouki bumper did not line up with the body. On top of that, the paint stripper they used on the DorkiDori lip deteriorated the plastic and ruined the lip. So now I'm on the lookout for an OEM one (oof)

But this isn't a rant thread, so I'll move on haha. I was hesitant on bringing the car back, but after I spoke with the owner and he assured me they'll correct everything properly, I dropped the car back off today for the corrections to be made.

I picked up a few more things for the 180 including a C's short shifter, Nismo cluster, Nismo kill switch lighter, and optional cool box. Unfortunately, I have a bad habit of forgetting to take pictures of the parts before I install them. Oops haha

OEM VS. C's

Excuse the dirty floor mats

I'll make another update when my car is back from the body shop. Until then, peace!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Teddyless; 09-15-2018 at 11:29 AM..
Teddyless is offline   Reply With Quote