View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #28
DRIFTER-M
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
DRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of lightDRIFTER-M is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to DRIFTER-M
I mean - IMO this is kind of a rock and a hard place for many of us who have been in this scene for 15+ years.

I enjoy FD. FD is a needed thing, we need to support it if drifting is to sustain any life in the future as it is by far the highest exposure for our sport. Even that is somewhat on shaky ground, as FD isn't even on TV anymore IIRC, which for a while it was; espn2, speed, CBS sports, etc.

That being said, do I enjoy FD as much as true origins/ the "soul of drifting" if you will? No. Old school D1 battles, grassroots battles, and just the art form in itself is still my prime focus. I don't need 1000HP cars battling on high speed course set-ups, I prefer tighter and more technical "fun driving".

But again, I still enjoy and support FD. It's the closest thing our sport has to relevance. It's just 2 sides to the same coin for lack of a better term. I prefer one side, but I will still gladly have both.