View Single Post
Old 10-22-2018, 02:38 PM   #77
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
1: s30 is NOT RARE (at least near me in socal). I still see plenty of them driving around, just regular people cars, in total unrestored and unmodified condition. the present trend of people paying $25-30k for bone stock ones is nuts.
just because you see 'plenty of them', doesn't mean they aren't 'rare' (a better term to use is 'harder to find'). you have a shitload of people around you, more so than anywhere in the entire united states (with maybe the exception of NY?). statistically speaking you will always see more than, say, someone in north Dakota (extreme example to make my point).

bone stock classics, even unrestored (as long as its a good canvas to start with), will always be some of the most desirable form of that specific car. would you want a stock 240 or one that has been F'd with to oblivion and back? the smog exempt thing in CA is weird too because most people know that a pre 76 car does not have to be smogged, so that is also used as a bargaining chip to drive up the price.

some of these cars remind me of the older truck market. ive been looking for a30ish year old 4wd truck and good god are the prices all over the place. that's what I see when im looking at s30s, 510s, etc. they are only going to go up in price.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote