View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #8
Fuglychuki91
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Fuglychuki91 is on a distinguished road

My buddy Cory’ s car that was in the pile up

ALRIGHT

Enough of all that haha. Back to my s13. They ended up messing up the paint order and it ended up taking about 3 weeks to get here(should of went local)
I ended up going with cheaper paint because I didn’t want to spend a whole lot as this endeavor was already expesnive to start from scratch to do.

Painted pretty much the whole kit except for the lip, Which I’ll paint at some point. The car is basecoat/clearcoat aswell

Then, the guy I rent the storage from got mad and told me I couldn’t paint In there. I was pretty upset but there was nothing I could do. Then I remembered my buddy had a barn that had a desiccant filtration system and a huge 2 stage compressor. Before I ever even painted anything he said if I needed a space I could bring the car there. So, after a lot of fighting, raising the car and loading something for the first time and in the rain I made to his barn 7 minutes down the road.

I also forgot to mention, i picked up gktech v3 super drift knuckles and that remedied my issues with the wheels sticking to far put up front and hitting the fender. I even went down to a 205...

Back to the car.
Got it unloaded and the next day I painted it in a makeshift booth that almost killed me and my brother. It was a good time. Orange peel for days but nothing some wetsanding(which I did) and buffing couldn’t fix.

I also got this one piece driveshaft

Painted the fenders and wing

Started wetsanding and buffing the car. Also I tossed on the fenders and wing

I bought some chrome gx01’s and drove the car to my mini shop haha

Also picked up this shift knob, oem shift boot and these ganador tails. Not entirely sure what I’ll do with them yet but they were cool and I needed them haha.

That’s pretty much where I sit now. Right now I’m selling a bunch of stuff just to get it out of my way. The goals this winter are to: drop front subframe and move the rack forward, pull motor refreshen it without actually opening it up, fixing minor bay rust and paint the bay. Lastly, I really really wanna work on the interior. It’s looked like ass since I bought the car and hasn’t got any better really. Here’s a pic of how dusty and dirty it is inside

I will be putting carpet back in the car aswell

Last edited by Fuglychuki91; 11-11-2018 at 11:21 AM..
Fuglychuki91 is offline   Reply With Quote