View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 11:40 PM   #1
Smithwick
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
Smithwick is an unknown quantity at this point
ANY Good FRP Hoods? (S13 Silvia)

Hi all - my S13 Silvia came with a hood that's pretty well bashed to shit, and now that I've sorted the mechanicals and am piecing together body stuff (already have a bumper, lip, and sideskirts, front fenders coming soon), I want to replace it with another OEM-style hood.

So as always, I search the forums up and down for reviews on every FRP/Fiberglass hood made for the S13 Silvia (even looked at carbon ones for good measure), and low and behold, it seems that everyone thinks everything is awful. For OEM-style, I'm currently seeing VIS, Seibon, Chaser Aero, Carbon Creations, eBay no-name, etc. Even for the aftermarket ones, Origin, DMax, etc. don't seem to be much more well-loved. People basically say that nothing fits from the factory, everything comes broken, etc. I haven't really found anything positive about any aftermarket FRP brand period.

Now look, I know that I'm going to be paying someone to install this and I know that fiberglass stuff needs to be made to fit, but I'm trying not to make it too hard on the poor soul that's going to have to install this.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a quality FRP hood (again, S13 Silvia)? Heck, I wouldn't even mind another OEM hood as long as it's mint and not super pricey (though those two things don't tend to go together in my experience).

Bonus points for body shop recommendations in the Boston area.
Smithwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links