View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 05:30 PM   #3
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Was the indicator light blinking every .5 seconds with everything closed? It should only do this when the system is disarmed by the FOB or the key and the door/hood/trunk are opened.

The indicator light will stay solid for 30 seconds when the doors/trunk/hood are closed and the system armed. After that the light will blink every 2.4 seconds.

You can disconnect the hood switch to mimic a closed hood operation. The trunk light switch is different than the trunk cylinder switch used by the alarm system but are still monitored by the Smart Entrance Control unit. However I suspect that these are not responsible for your issues.

Does the remote operate from inside the car? You may need to reference the BF section of the FSM and go through the troubleshooting section of the Multi-Remote Control System and verify that it's not an antennae issue.

So far its sounds like the Smart Entrance Control unit may need replacement.
I'll take a look at that section when I have some free time tonight, thanks!

As of right now the light doesn't blink at all except when the doors are open, at which point it is blinking every .5 seconds. Once I close and lock the doors it doesn't blink at all and the fob doesn't work from outside or inside. Luckily I have a spare chassis I can pull the unit from if need be

Edit: I got it working. Turns out the trunk latch isn't completely latching, so while its holding the trunk lid closed, it isn't telling the smart entrance control that it's closed. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Hoffman5982; 02-14-2019 at 01:51 AM..
Hoffman5982 is offline   Reply With Quote