View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 09:00 AM   #697
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
So just to update:

No dice on using the shorter TOB with the 350Z reinforced shift fork. I had the 16mm and it did not provide enough clearance. The 12mm and 14mm TOB sleeves is on back order and won't be arriving to Nissan for another few weeks. With this, I am going ahead with all SR hardware.

In other news; this is going in a non S chassis and I discovered last night, the engine and tranny need to go in as one unit.....which makes this an almost 2 man job to, at minimum, put the engine and gearbox in........F***!!!!!

I always separate the gearbox when removing the engine as with a 1 man team, it is simply easier. Now, I am debating just ditching the 6 speed and going to my backup VG.......Grrrrrr. All my test fitting, fabrication and measuring to make everything fit (from exhaust manifold, to turbo, to EWG, to intercooler, radiator, etc etc etc) I never thought to have installed the clutch during my mockup. because.....I didn't bother to put a crank in the mockup engine thinking there was plenty of room. Well, the clutch protrudes into the tunnel enough (just a few inches is what I need), and I have the engine back far enough that there is simply not enough clearance to install the two independently. I am not inclined to clearance the tunnel......but maybe I will.....

Meh. This 6 speed swap has been nothing but a pain

End rant
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote