View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 01:47 PM   #698
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
What? lol no, I meant 2500 for just rebuilding the bottom end..and maaaybe you'll be able to rebuild the head with that. Yeah the engine will be fresh, but you still need everything else under the sun to really use those internals.

With a low mileage GTE swap you can get away with basic maintenance before dropping it in. Then just swap out the twins, injectors, ECU, do the exhaust/intercooler. DragINT does these swaps with single turbo conversions in like 4 days lol.

and the typical v8 swap just bore me. A boosted 2J with the same power is just so much more visceral and exciting to drive.

*shots fired*
You continue to compare apples to oranges.

Rebuilding a N/A engine is a few hundred bucks unless your going all aftermarket internals, at which point... Apples meet Oranges.

Pistons, Rods and Crank in an NA are just as strong as a TT.

I'm not going to hate on a boosted straight six, would love to have one. However a gut ripping torque monster V8 is just as fun.

Toss in a PD Blower with that banshee wail and the combo of instant toqure and high rpm pull is intoxicating. I couldn't imaging having a W463 with a diesel or a gutless M104.

My next engine will likely be a stroked Big Block Mopar. Just love that low idle rumble of a big cam V8.

Really, there is no replacement for displacement even if you like 4 cylinders or 6's.

2JZ > RB26 > Rb25 > SR20 > CA18Det

K24 > K20 > B18 > B16 > D16 > D15

So forth.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote