View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 10:13 PM   #711
mad-ass
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
mad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud ofmad-ass has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to mad-ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Just swap a K24 or F22. Thank me later.

Better, cheaper engines with bigger aftermarkets and more readily available parts. Engines are also domestically available and only a few years old.

Doing a SR20VET already means tons of customs work and wiring. The stock SR trans is trash so you'll want a T56, RB/VG or CD009, meaning you'll need an adapter..... So just do the Honda swap.

Whole YouTube series on it now.
I was about to say very similar response. Honestly there are endless aftermarket support for the Honda-K serise engines that it should be more realistic for most people I think. like Miata folks have it figured out and they have gone past the K motors into doing V6 swaps(check out flyingmiata).

What pedigree are you talking about though? it's not like KA engine was light, SR is not a light engine either with the turbo.