View Single Post
Old 03-03-2019, 11:26 PM   #712
potatomonkey99
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
potatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to beholdpotatomonkey99 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Okay, sure budy.

Cause you know, following the JDM hype train of SR20det, GT28, 550cc, Apexi Commander and TE37s is sooo original and immagivtive.

Some people are not interested in making a fucking art statement and riding the IG Popularity Dick. They just want a bad ass car that's fun to drive.

Same goes for classic muscle cars. LS engines are astronomically better than an old SBC. Hell, they have stroker kidts for LS engines that will pull them out to more cubes then a BBC while being 2-300lbs lighter.

So if you want a reliable classic with a cheap, powerful, excellent performing engine? Yup, LS that crap.
LMAO you're just making assumptions that I'm an IG clout chaser without touching my argument. Its not about the clout or the hype, its about the heritage of the cars and what they where meant to be used for. For the record I'm not a huge fan of SR20's, im more partial to tiny 4 bangers and i6's like the RB or JZ's.

Slapping an LS into an schassis ruins the way the car handles by killing the weight balance. Putting a ton of torque down low on these light cars also basically renders them useless unless you turned your car into a drift slut.

The heritage example applies even more to old muscle. Why bother owning a piece of history if you're just going to chop it up and throw out its soul. if you want a drag car that what 4th gen 'marros, foxbodys, and other POS's are for.

yeah sure LS's make power but imo its pointless to throw them in a car they don't belong in. If you want cheap v8 power, go for modern muscle. Enjoy your crowd killers and boat anchors there.

(oh and LS swaps aren't more cheap or reliable than a comparable sr20, 2j etc)

Matte paint will never be cool
potatomonkey99 is online now   Reply With Quote