View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 06:26 AM   #716
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by potatomonkey99 View Post
LMAO you're just making assumptions that I'm an IG clout chaser without touching my argument. Its not about the clout or the hype, its about the heritage of the cars and what they where meant to be used for.
Same difference. Your worried about image. You know what the 240's heritage is? Being a dirt cheap trash can car with a shit engine that's easy to shove a better engine in.

Quote:
For the record I'm not a huge fan of SR20's, im more partial to tiny 4 bangers and i6's like the RB or JZ's.
SR20 is a "tinny 4 banger"

Quote:
Slapping an LS into an schassis ruins the way the car handles by killing the weight balance. Putting a ton of torque down low on these light cars also basically renders them useless unless you turned your car into a drift slut.

You are a fucking idiot. It's only been proven time and time again across the ages that an aluminum block LS engine is retarded light. You sound like thr idiot weeboos on 240sxForums circa 2004 screaming not to do RB Swaps because it adds 100lbs and moves weight in front of the wheels.

Great theory on paper, but utterly wrong in practice. LS1 is going to be lighter than a RB or 2JZ.

As for torque... They do make tires wider than 235. Me thinks you've not driven a fast car before.

Quote:
The heritage example applies even more to old muscle. Why bother owning a piece of history if you're just going to chop it up and throw out its soul. if you want a drag car that what 4th gen 'marros, foxbodys, and other POS's are for.
Here we go again with the IG bullshit. Not everyone wants to needs a numbers matching original. Plenty just want a bad ass V8 Muscle car. How is dropping a 427ci stroked LS into a 6-banger Nova or a 350 Chevelle "destroying it"..

You do realize the Foxbody is now a classic that people are paying stupid money for, right?

Quote:
yeah sure LS's make power but imo its pointless to throw them in a car they don't belong in. If you want cheap v8 power, go for modern muscle. Enjoy your crowd killers and boat anchors there.
Once again, all worried about the hype train and no actual experience. The entire point of hot rodding is to be swapping engines and going fast.

Quote:
(oh and LS swaps aren't more cheap or reliable than a comparable sr20, 2j etc)
Except they are $/HP. By the time you upgrade your SR and transmission, you got LS money. You can buy a complete LS3 swap package for like $8k.

https://m.autozone.com/external-engi...evrolet/camaro

Can you get a 2JZ or SR head next day at your local auto zone?
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote