View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 02:44 PM   #15
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamycakes View Post
Oh and you can still use your oem ventilator duct behind the gauges.
My car (the one in the example OP posted) was still able to use the ducting to keep the heat fully functional. I had to grind down a portion of the duct ever so slightly for the Defi Link Meter II gauges to clear, but didn't grind all the way through the ducting. Defi gauges are fairly slim so that might be why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_d_240sx View Post
Why do you want to put gauges so far out of your line of sight?
I've never understood this argument. I had zero issues seeing my gauges in this location. Maybe it's because I never did any racing or anything like that, but it really wasn't difficult to see them at all. Not to mention Defi gauges have a red light that flashes and an alarm that sounds if anything is at a dangerous level. It's not nearly as much of an issue as people make it out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
gotta do it for the gram bro.
I think people ran gauges in this location long before Instagram existed, haha.

NOW, all of this being said, I regret drilling into my mint dash. No issues with the drilling process or cracks forming down the road, but I wish I had not done that to my clean factory dash. e30gangsta, I think you are all set to go- just like we talked about on Instagram. I wouldn't stress!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote