View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 05:27 PM   #29
foreverdeath
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
foreverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the roughforeverdeath is a jewel in the rough
Did a good bit of plumbing work today. But first here's all the extra bits I acquired while in Florida to add to the build. Got a walbro E85 450lph pump, turbo speed sensor for my borgwarner, parts to remote mount the oil filter, and a fuel pump controller out of a range rover. This fuel pump controller is the same module out of Aston Martins with supercharged V8s and handles big single fuel pumps. NZEFI has tested this unit up to 18amps continuous load and it takes a simple 100hz PWM signal from a standalone ECU. They sell this unit with a bracket for over 300$ but I got mine on ebay for 60$ with the pigtail.

Started off with the fuel lines, fuel filter and flex fuel sensor. Riv-nutted the fuel filter to base of the shock tower. I didn't spring for the PTFE hoses as want to later rerun the hard lines down the drivers side away from the exhaust with -8 feed and -6 return. Later I'll add a heat shield to the passenger rear side of the engine bay to protect the fuel lines and body harness.

Next I moved to the oil system. Mount up the remote oil filter to the frame rail to make more room around the exhaust manifold. Haven't started running lines as I'm still waiting to get into contact will Canton racing about ordering just a the banjo bolt so I can use mount the adapter.

Originally I wanted to run -10 for the crankcase scavenger with a fitting made for these motors. But, flipping the Skunk2 Ultra intake doesn't allow for it. So I used some left over -6 from the old fuel system which just barely clears the intake, alternator and alternator cable. This will work till later modify a pre 09 water housing to fit a post 09 alternator. Which I can mount with a turnbuckle, making belt tightening much easier then squeezing a turnbuckle behind the water pump pulley to move the power steering pump.

Also started some welding prep. Fitted up the fitting for the wastegate coolant feed by cutting a S2000 oil cooler barb fitting for a -4 bung.

Hopefully tomorrow I get out of class early enough to refill my argon bottle and start finishing up the oil pan.
foreverdeath is offline   Reply With Quote