View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 12:30 PM   #40
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
So, what's everybody's take on cali's expansion of health benefits to illegals? Dont legal citizens still get fined over there for not having insurance per the fbhobama care rules?
I know here in my state there wont be anymore fines next year, thanks to our republican senators.
It's utterly laughable. California needs to hurry up and secede lol. Go join Europe. That is why it's so important to have an electoral college otherwise the entire country would be run by the biggest cities in a few states, leaving everyone else with different values out to dry.

I would love to see the migrants delivered to sanctuary cities though. That was a brilliant and hilarious threat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooled240 View Post
I like his ideas on reinvesting in our working class, but I don't think UBI is the answer.
At first, for whatever reason, I would find myself agreeing that UBI is not the answer. But when I challenge myself to say why, I find that I am not able to.

It seems like the cleanest way to avoid extreme poverty and reduce reliance on public assistance all in one go. Yang likens it to a dividend check based on being a stakeholder in the United States. He will make it one or the other, either food stamps and related programs, OR the $1,000/month check. Those that would choose the money (and therefore be able to spend it however they like) will immediately leave the other programs freeing up money for the UBI itself. And all that extra spending money may be reintroduced into the economy when people begin spending it.