View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #136
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmephistopheles View Post
IxfxI and I have loved S-chassis for more than two decades, and we've seen it go from obscure car marketed to women to clapped out drift missile, and now to valuable uncommon commodity. The thing is, he and I have always seen these cars as valuable and worthwhile, and the trend followers who have bought cars, smashed, parted, crushed, etc and moved on hurt us in an intangible way. Seeing some dipshit wreck parts on a junkyard car sucks, but the feeling folks in this thread are getting from it is the feeling we've had for fucking decades, and it's almost insulting. Sure it sucks that some douche is being a douche but it's a drop in the bucket relative to the garbage we've seen occur, and knowing that a majority of the people whining about today will move on to another chassis in 6 months or a year or 5 years is just...
whats with all this feelings bullshit?

as much as i dont like seeing how the car has blown up over the decades (yes, multiple) - you cant stop change. It is what it is. We get older, these cars fall apart, hopefully we can still get parts, hopefully people still appreciate them, and hopefully... we get to drive our shit boxes. But thats all hopes, not reality. I havent driven my car in close to 15 years now. You know, the road to "restoration" is never easy. And now that I own multiple cars and multiple chassis', and have more important shit to worry about (like life) - car projects just end up being shit to do when i'm bored, willing and able.

the last thing, literally, that I worry about is some fucking piss ant destroying parts at the scrapyard. a car that is destined to be crushed, and a yard that is owned and operated by a corporate giant.

If any one really, really cares. Start up a business buying wrecked vehicles off the auction sites and part them out. I'd rather support you than LKQ, pick a part, etc. There is a reason why people who part out cars do fairly well selling on ebay. No hassles for anyone.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote