View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 10:32 PM   #5
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
it doesnt matter if your potential buyer is young or old, all that you should worry about is that they have money to buy your car. when i say "your car," i mean exactly that, YOUR car. what do you prefer?

because i am picky about buying a clean chassis thats been well maintained, many of the cars i've purchased have been autos. but, there is no comparison, manual transmission cars are so much better in terms of performance and driving experience. automatics are terrible from a performance and when they need a rebuild, they are more costly to repair. in my opinion, its a lose-lose sticking with an auto.

one of my good friends and customers owns an s14, single owner, fully serviced at the dealer. the car is an auto. i believe his car would have commanding value just because it has so many rare parts on it, clean chassis, excellent condition, etc. It being an auto is probably the least of someone's concern.

thats why i say you should do whatever makes you happy. conversions, if done right, only add to the value of the car. but i would rather buy an all original, well maintained auto then a poorly modified/maintained manual car. same goes for a motor swap.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote