View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:38 PM   #3512
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Still lurking and watching here....
Perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSnow View Post
I am ready for another quality project from you!!!
Thank you, I hope to be able to pull it off!

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

So last weekend I ended up working late into the night while my kids were asleep and my wife was out of town. After torquing the flywheel bolts, I reinstalled the Comp Clutch Stage 2 unit that came with my SR swap since it appears to be more or less new. I hope to replace it with something nicer down the road, but it will do for now. It's actually the same clutch I have in my hatch right now as well and I don't mind it too much for what it is.

I next turned my attention to the transmission. New input and output seals, bearing cover gasket, shift fork boot, release bearing, and NISMO pivot ball.

Once that was wrapped up, I had a great time bolting up the transmission to the engine. One of my least favorite jobs to do alone, but I got it done fortunately.

Before installing the drivetrain into the car, I cleaned and reinstalled the factory power steering lines. I do hope to replace a couple of these lines before the car is on the road, but haven't bit the bullet and ordered all of them just yet. Soon enough!

I also picked up some heater core hoses from John Kim at TF Works. Thought it would be a good idea to toss that line on before the engine went in as it can be a hassle to get to.

Finally, the engine and trans made their way into the freshly painted bay. I bolted everything down with NISMO engine and trans mounts, along with fresh OEM hardware.

So that's where things stand at the moment! I picked up a rusty 1990 S13 hatch last weekend to part out, so that has been taking up a lot of my time this week (along with my two oldest daughters starting school.) Hope to have that finished up and out of here with a week or two so that I can get back to working on the coupe!

It's a shame the car is so rusty because it is all original. The interior is in awesome shape. I would definitely have loved to have kept it for a daily or winter beater, but that just wouldn't make a whole lot of sense, haha.

Hope to have some more progress to share next week!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote