View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 01:38 PM   #3514
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lees_Garage View Post
Thanks for sharing Damon. I’m reading this trying to draw some inspiration to get out and wrench on my car. Lol
Glad it is of use to someone! haha

__________________________________________________ ___________

A bit behind on moving this update over from the blog, but here's the most work I have gotten done on the car:

After I dropped the engine in the coupe, I had to throw some S14 wheels on the hatch (since I sold my silver TEs again a few months back) and move it out of the garage so that the part out hatch could roll in. Seeing the hatch sitting in the driveway during rain storms on S14 wheels is definitely getting old, but it should be back in the garage very soon.

A batch of parts arrived from Nissan about two weeks ago, so I've slowly been working on getting those onto the coupe. The first of which was a brand new dipstick since the one that came with my SR was pretty banged up.

Next was the brand new hood prop and all of the associated clips:

Fresh Z32 fuel filter dropped into place:

Block off plugs on the firewall to keep the car without AC like it came from the factory.

Hardware for the downpipe install. I have a PBM cobra in the basement that I need to find time to install soon. I still need to order an O2 sensor adapter and possibly a new O2 sensor as well...

A slew of new rubber bumpers for the hood:

Silvia headlight brackets, new hardware, and rubber bumpers. I meant to have these painted with the bay but couldn't get them to the painter in time. Maybe later when I finish the car:

Shoutout to Koyo Radiator for hooking me up with a fresh N Flow unit for the coupe. This is the same radiator I am running in my hatch and have never had issues with overheating. Plus it is a nice looking piece!

New radiator bumpers, brackets, and hardware for install:

I next moved on to refreshing the cowl area. I ended up painting the cowl and wiper arms with SEM trim paint and they turned out really nice. I also installed fresh clips and a new seal.

I had sourced the lower metal windshield trim from a 180SX since it is discontinued here in the states thinking the pieces would be the same. I didn't realize there is an indent at the bottom for the cowl and that the cowl is flipped in Japan since the wipers move the opposite direction. I ended up trimming it to fit. There's a bit of a weird gap now, but it looks much better than the old crusty one it replaced:

Before installing the cowl, I also replaced the wiper pivot assemblies. The bolts were stripped on my old ones and they had to be cut off of the car after the engine bay was painted so I elected to replace them.

I haven't gotten anything done on the coupe this week since I have been busy parting out the donor hatch, but I hope to be wrapped up with that this weekend and get back down to business.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote