View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
Sr20det very loud rattle

So on sunday I finally finished putting my sr in, and i decided to go for the first start. I put oil/coolant/gear oil in before obviously, and also pulled the fuel pump fuse to prime the engine a few times before starting it for real. first start went fine, so did the next couple. heres a vid of the second start.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kf...4CuxNGLu9HQwgS

as you can see its nothing too bad besides a high idle at about 2.5k, and a verrry small amount of smoke coming from the exhaust side of the engine(whatever that is, im going to worry about it later). After that start, I adjusted the throttle cable to help the idle, and started it up again. It was running super rough when i heard a loud noise coming from the valve cover area so I shut it off. Decided to start it again, this is what it sounded like

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ds...PIHdV8GDThHQ8j

Does anyone know what the sound is? I've done my research, at first I thought it was a loose timing chain rattling, then my friend said his boss thought it could be loose rocker arms, somebody else said I bent my valves. I pulled the valvecover off today, didnt see anything out of the ordinary. Timing was fine, chain was tight, nothing was cracked, and it seemed like everything was getting oil. At this point I have no idea what it could be, it makes no sense to me that it could run fine then suddenly sound totally fucked. The noise is loud enough that I thought i bent my valves, but the timing is still correct so how could that be possible? any help would be appreciated, thanks
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links