View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 12:44 PM   #5
K_never_broke_again
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
K_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura aboutK_never_broke_again has a spectacular aura about
Update- Well, after looking at my options I listened to the lifter advice, and decided to bleed them. I would say half of them were completely aired out, so I just bled them all and filled them with fresh oil. Carefully reassembled the valvetrain, fsm torque specs etc. Also noticed my timing was oddly off by 1 tooth, so I corrected that as well. Last night after I finished everything I threw the valve cover back on, so today between classes I went home and decided to give it a crank. You guys were right, it fired up and ran smooth, the lifters were the problem. Notice the past tense there? After it started I shut it off so I could grab my phone and take a vid for my friends, also cuz my power steering pump was smoking. when to start it a second time for the vid, Hear a fucking awful noise, so I pull the valve cover off. Timing jumped 6 teeth. My valves are toast.
K_never_broke_again is offline   Reply With Quote