View Single Post
Old 04-18-2020, 04:15 PM   #21
Tignometry
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
Tignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enoughTignometry will become famous soon enough
Wow, sorry it has been almost two years.. I'm not sure if anyone still comes on here anymore, but I felt like updating the build thread anyways. I have more time at home now (and I'm sure many of you do too given the current plight of the world) plus I have a ton of content that I have accrued over the past couple years I'd like to share. I'll be updating in parts as there is a bunch to write about. Also, the car is actually roadworthy now.

Ok, so I'll try to move in chronological order from where I left off. To start, eventually I sourced the S13 Apexi intake w/Z32 MAF. This would not clear the space by the driver strut tower using the included Tomei turbo inlet pipe. I came up with the idea to use an original SR T25 inlet pipe with aftermarket clocking adapter instead and wala, intake fits! (Ideally it would be nice to have a custom fabricated piece to clean all these pieces up but for now it works).

Next was installing the turbo hotpipe. The included hotpipe in the Tomei kit does not work for the S13 as S13's don't have the same intercooler pipe routing that S14's do in the engine bay/wheel well area. I had a factory S13 SR20 hotpipe laying around and thought it would just bolt-up. Wrong. As you can see in the image below the turbo outlet pipe is at the wrong angle for this to work. I needed the inlet and outlet pipes to be directed like shown to clear everything. Fortunately, use of a clocking adapter here resolved that issue as well.

I guess the Tomei KA turbo kit was only designed with the S14 in mind, so those with S13 looking to get this kit, just keep that in mind.

More to come..