View Single Post
Old 04-29-2020, 08:50 AM   #83
crash n' burn
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
crash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura aboutcrash n' burn has a spectacular aura about
Motor showed up, not as clean as I'd hoped, but it's not missing anything. I don't think it was compression tested, so I got to rig that up later. Kind of disappointed with the lack of communication from JDM of San Diego. Looks like it got pulled out of the shipping container and had the shipping label slapped on it without ever being looked at. VVTi solenoid was broken and the ignitor was cut off for some reason? Luckily, there are a wealth of jzx100/110 swaps locally so parts are easy to come by. I already have the replacement solenoid and sending my computer off to have the immobilizer flashed out this afternoon.

I'm going to need to dive in to the motor deeper than I was hoping to and replace some "while you're in there" items; front main seal for sure with a lot of build up on the timing cover behind the crank pulley. Going to need a lot of cleaning with the amount of oxidation I've seen but it'll be a better product in the end, so I'm not mad about it.

Didn't get a chance to put it up on the engine stand though. I need to take some measurements of the auto bell housing vs the CD to make a decision on a cut or no-cut kit. I feel it may not even matter since the trans will hang down low no matter what, but i don't want to beat the shit out of the trans tunnel more than I have to.