View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 01:01 PM   #2
NukeKS14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
NukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really niceNukeKS14 is just really nice
s14

I'm a fan of Carbotech pads. Non-corrosive as opposed to the Hawks and they bite really well. I run them on my camaro and can tell a big difference in initial bite and fade resistance compared to the stock ferrodo units. I ran the stock setup at Daytona (Intl course) because I wasn't concerned about fade/overheating issues, but changed to a ZL-1/CTS-V front caliper/2-piece disk and the XP-10's all around when I ran Road Atlanta and Roebling. I gained a huge amount of surface area over the SS brakes so it's not a completely analogous comparison but I won't go back. Friend I tracked with was running XP-12s on his S-2000 and convinced me after a ride along. He was running TTC class I believe when he got out of it and moved to Dubai for work.

As for the S14;
Z32 calipers are at powder coating at the moment but I'm planning to run the 350z Brembo rotors up front and Z32s in rear, stainless lines, ATE-typ 200 fluid, with Z32 calipers all around and 1521s for street, swapping to XP-10s and 2 piece front rotors for track use. SPL has some nice front tension rods with cooling plates. Debating that or outright NACA ducting for cooling but that should complete my HPDE setup on the 240.

They've got Auto-X compounds as well. But I think the XP-10/12 are the sweet spot for HPDE stuff.
NukeKS14 is offline   Reply With Quote