View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 08:46 AM   #15
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I'd buy that shit in a heartbeat.
If you look through the detailed pictures, there's several issues that stand out to me.

1. It has definitely been repainted, and poorly at that. It seems as though they didn't bother removing the factory black trim line / tape during the respray. Notice the paint lifting above and below the black line and near the fuel lid door.

2. Normal 30+ year old wear for a car parked outdoors. The usual exterior rubber moldings/trim are showing their age and would eventually need to be replaced. A complete glass-out respray along with seals/moldings/trim replacement will easily cost $5k+ depending on who paints it.

3. Interior trim pieces need to be restored/replaced. This one is me really nitpicking, but still something I'd have to do if I'm going for that "mint" look.

4. One of the least desirable models (again, IMO). SOHC, Auto, and sunroof. The first two can be addressed rather easily, but the third not so much. I've owned far too many of these to know the sunroofs are just ticking time bombs. It's only a matter of time before the assembly goes bad or the roof starts to leak.

It's a good looking car overall. Is it worth the $10k+ hype people were posting about on the Facebook groups calling this a museum piece? That's a no for me. Having owned plenty of completely stock/original and modified Coupes, the nostalgia wears off quickly and you're reminded of every single reason why you began to upgrade the suspension, brakes, and interior in the first place.

If I were in the market for a good base platform to build and was okay with paying a premium, I'd pay $5k max for it.

I think people on the Facebook groups would really lose their shit if they saw the red hatch posted a few pages back. Now that's a museum piece that IMO would easily fetch over $20k to a car collector.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote