View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #127
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyless View Post
Small update:

In the meantime, I began reupholstering my glovebox. The fabric I have is genuine bride, so it?s extremely thick, and backed with a layer of foam. This made the process extremely difficult because the fabric was so hard to cut/work with. I got it done and it ended up looking pretty good, but I?m afraid I?m going to have to buy some fake fabric to put on the doors. There?s no way that genuine fabric will look good being so thick and hard to work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I literally just did my door cards yesterday with real bride fabric (for the the third time). My only advice is to make sure you have two to three people and attempt it. The last two I did by myself I got the fabric perfect and smooth on the card but I kept messing up putting the fabric in the valley because it felt like the material was too thick to tuck in there.

With a second person forcing the fabric down the valley with a small home depot hook pick and me pushing the fabric on the door card we got it to turn out much better but not perfect imo however it will do for me.

Edit: forgot I can share a link, passenger side turned out really good, driver side we kept struggling to tuck in the fabric and keep it stuck on the door card at the same time.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...hCUGV2bVdWYzhR