View Single Post
Old 07-07-2020, 08:51 PM   #20
projectsupra
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
projectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of lightprojectsupra is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks everyone! It's been a long journey but we're almost to the end.

Dolph_KYAS13 it definitely is a distraction, I actually loaded it with Initial D Arcade Stage 4, always a good time killer.

Kei truck is my 1973 Daihatsu Hijet, 360cc 2 stroke, thing is a riot to drive.

So with the car off at the body shop I was free to fill up the now empty garage with more car parts, and another S13.

Got a deal on this thing, but only because it was undrivable. Turns out the pilot bearing, throw out bearing, and fork were destroyed causing a horrendous input shaft wobble. All that on top of a thousand other things wrong with the car, air bleed for the IACV was just a random SAE bolt, leaks everywhere, this car had a hard life for sure. But the comp test was good and the motor sounded healthy.

BTW if you want to see scary, check out the broken power dist block millimeters away from the mounting bolt into the chassis, with no fuse.

That's ok though, I got what I wanted out of it. I kinda planned to throw a JZ or VQ in here, but looks like the car would now be getting the redtop SR.
Picked up this Apexi AX53b70 and manifold, along with a few other parts on a road trip.

Gave it all a good power wash then proceeded to replace the old Nismo clutch with the new CC.
New rear main seal, pilot bearing, throw out bearing, P2M pivot, and fork.

Picked up this super sweet Fujitsubo Giken exhaust, cleaned up good right Krusty_s13?

Then continued to clean and restore every single tiny part I could find that was going back in the car.

Picked up some new OEM window/door seals

Steering column got a rebuild as well, with a new solid bushing.

The car was in the body shop for over a month now, giving me plenty of time to collect the parts I was missing, and then some.
It was this point in time I realized I had a parts hording problem and really needed the car back to start putting things back in.

Body shop was slowly making progress though, slowly....

projectsupra is offline   Reply With Quote