Thread: Motor Oil Tests
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 04:31 AM   #37
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
This thread really makes me want to fix my leaky valve cover gasket and change my oil / intervals, mostly because im lazy...but I change frequently because I definitely have that "oil is the blood of your engine, the fresher the better" mindset.

Also, filters. I used to check up on bobistheoilguy once and a while, and people seem all over the place with answers. I currently run the Purolator Boss PBL20252 on my KA (Which ive ran for 5 years now) and never had any issues. Should I change to something else? Or..
oil filters were hard to keep track of for me - not worth the time to keep up with them as far as which one is currently the best one, i mean i'll check out the oil filter section once in a while. cuz one day they'll say Purolator One is the best value for the price, but then next day someone will post a picture of the insides and everyone else would say it looked bad or that it was torn. so i stick with wix xp or fram ultra, mobil has been around for a while so it's probably still a good filter but i don't need to be following all these different filter companies :P
either way any of those filters will easily handle 15,000 miles of daily driving, and eaaaasily 3k-5k of track driving. sounds crazy, but from what i've read, i feel comfortable doing that with those synthetic filters.
if this KA is just a daily put put car, then you don't need to worry one bit about a filter. even the normal wix and orange fram or the middle fram (tough guard i think) will be just fine.
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote