View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 07:48 AM   #1589
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
An apartment can't be owned and a home?

The idea of land owners only goes back to the founders.
A lot of them no.

You are correct, it goes back to the founders. Back when they were excluding women and black people to vote.

They figured out in 1792 it was a bad idea.

In my short life on earth, I have heard and read many comments on matters.

These two posts are quite literally in the top 5 of most ignorant things I have ever read.

I legitimately wonder whether you you have the mental capacity to really understand what you just said.

To be so narrow minded is just sad.

Quote:
1789: The Constitution grants the states the power to set voting requirements. Generally, states limited this right to property-owning or tax-paying white males (about 6% of the population).[11]
1790: The Naturalization Act of 1790 allows white men born outside of the United States to become citizens with the right to vote.
1792?1838: Free black males lose the right to vote in several Northern states including in Pennsylvania and in New Jersey.
1792?1856: Abolition of property qualifications for white men, from 1792 (Kentucky) to 1856 (North Carolina) during the periods of Jeffersonian and Jacksonian democracy. However, tax-paying qualifications remained in five states in 1860?Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Delaware and North Carolina. They survived in Pennsylvania and Rhode Island until the 20th century.[16]